What is Tee it Up?
Tee it Up for Charity is HYPE’s signature event held annually on Thursday night during the Travelers Championship. The event features music by Powerstation Events, delicious food, an open bar, tastings courtesy of Fishers Island Lemonade, a silent auction, and an optional Drive, Chip, & Putt competition. Every single dollar raised is donated to charity. In 2016, over 150 Tee It Up attendees raised $11,000 for charity! The June 22nd, 2017 event will benefit The First Tee of Connecticut, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, KNOX Inc.
How much does it cost to attend?
Early registration (before Tuesday, June 20th at noon) is $40 for HYPE members and $50 for non-members. All walk-ins will be $50, regardless of membership status. You can pre-register on our website.
Anything else included?
Your registration for Tee It Up includes a 1-day general admission ticket to the Travelers Championship that can be used any day of the tournament and a Lot B General Parking pass. PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to use these tickets before Tee it Up, or if you would like a valet parking pass for the night of the event (see “Transportation and Parking” below), you must stop by a Ticket Pick-up Date (see next section). The Lot B General Parking pass that you will receive is not to use the night of the event, it can be used during the tournament. You do not need a parking pass to park in Lot B the night of Tee It Up.
If you do not plan to attend the tournament until after Tee It Up, or if you do not need/want a valet parking pass, you can get your tournament ticket and Lot B Parking Pass when you arrive at the event on June 22nd. You will have to enter through the Main Gate and register with a staff member before entering the course and walking to the Pro-Am tent.
Ticket Pick-Up Nights
There will be 3 Ticket Pick-up dates where pre-registered attendees can pick up their tournament ticket, Lot B parking pass, and/or valet parking pass. You must come in person if you wish to pick up your tickets early. Advance notice must be given if you wish to have your tickets picked up by a friend. Those who are not yet registered can do so in person on these nights as well. Once you are registered, your name will be on the registration list, and a name tag will be provided to you when you arrive on June 22nd.
Wednesday, June 7th at Get HYPEd at Arch Street Tavern from 5:30-8:30pm
Wednesday, June 14th at Ted's Montana Grill from 12:00-1:30pm AND 5:00-7:00pm
Tuesday, June 20th at Vaughan's from 12:00-1:30pm AND 5:00-7:00pm
Transportation & Parking
There are a few options available to event attendees:
- Register by noon June 20th to receive complimentary valet parking the night of the event. A special pass is required and can be picked up at one of the ticket pick up nights in advance of the event (this is only available to those registered by June 20th; all others will park in Lot B). It's important to note, this pass is only valid for our event beginning at 5:30pm on Thursday, June 22nd. Please make sure the pass is hanging from your mirror when you enter the course, follow the signs for All Event Parking, then bear right at the fork on Access Road to the valet station (right in front of our event).
- Anyone driving to the event who does not obtain a valet parking pass in advance will have to park in Lot B. You do not need a parking pass to park in Lot B the night of the event. Valet Parking is preferable as Lot B is not close to the event location and it will be dark when the event ends. If you do not pick up your valet parking pass, or if you register as a walk-in, you will have to enter through the Main Gate and check in with staff at our HYPE table to pick up your name tag and enter the course.
Drive, Chip, & Putt Golf Tournament
Once again this year there is an optional Drive, Chip, & Putt competition at the event. You can compete as many times as you would like in any of the three categories. Entry is $5 for one category, or $12 for all three. Tickets can be purchased at the event. Tee It Up attendees should NOT bring their own clubs to the event. Demo clubs will be provided.
The process for the tournament is as follows:
- Upon arrival/registration, players will receive a ticket/s and a scorecard at the registration table.
- Players can start from any of the three holes they choose, and do not have to participate in all three categories.
- Players will take three shots per category, with points awarded for each shot.Points from all three shots will be accumulated for a total score.
- Upon completion, players should return their score cards to the starter stand where they will be added to the leader board.
- The highest score in each of the three categories will win a prize.
There will be a silent auction at Tee It Up to help raise additional funds for The First Tee Connecticut, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, and KNOX Inc. All items must be picked up and paid for before leaving the event. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. A preview list of items can be found on the HYPE Blog. We will be continuously updating this list as we receive items.
This is a casual event. Ladies usually wear sundresses, and men can be comfortable in pants/shorts and a polo shirt (suit/tie unnecessary). Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Check back for the location of our after party!
If you have any additional questions, please contact HYPE Executive Director Kim (Lundy) Bishop. Stay tuned for more updates and information!